Whether you’ve made the decision to work from home five days a week or you spend a little time in the evenings working from your home office, you’ll want to get your furniture right. Have a think about comfort, the size of the room and of course, budget. When deciding on furniture in home offices, there is a variety of things you’ll need to consider.
Here we’ve given you an idea of what you should be thinking about
Make a List:
Your first step is to make a list of all the possible office furniture necessary to make your home office comfortable, functional and beautiful, to boot.
Before making the list, be sure to make an inventory of available furnishings in your home that can be used in your planned home office. At the very least, you can use the savings on other important items like office supplies and equipment.
Home Office Furniture
The most basic furniture in home offices include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Office Desk – Consider how the desk will be used in the future. If you intend to make it into the hub for the home office, you should look into a sturdy wooden desk with plenty of compartments and surface space to hold the equipment, supplies and documents. If this is the case, why not look into bespoke home office furniture? Having this important piece of furniture individually designed to your own needs could be the best decision you make
• Office Chair – comfort and functionality should be of paramount concern when deciding on a home office chair – then you can start thinking about a beautiful design. Look at features like sufficient padding, swivel capability, adjustable heights and lower back support etc
• File Cabinets and Other Storage Options – These pieces of furniture for the home office are very important especially when you have sensitive documents to store. This is another reason to consider bespoke fitted office furniture as all your storage elements can be incorporated into your design, ensuring that clutter is kept to a minimum but all important documents are easy to access. Not only that you’ll want to keep your office as de-cluttered as possible at all times. Clutter can infringe on the working process. Remember; clear office, clear mind.
Be sure to take the time to choose your office furnishings. Have a think about the style of office that will best suit your working needs. Is one of the reasons you work from home that the corporate environment wasn’t for you? If this is the case don’t furnish your home office in that style. Think about what suits you and go with that.
Arrangement of your home office
After you have purchased your office furniture, your next step is to arrange the pieces. We suggest the following tips in doing so:
• Position the largest piece of furnishings first and then place the other pieces around it, so to speak. Rearrange, if and when necessary.
• Get a good view of the home office when the furnishings are in place. Take a tour of the area so that you have a good idea of how the pieces work together.
Choosing and then placing furniture in home offices should be made with great care so that you maximise your office space and have practical and functional furniture.