Do you want a fresh look in your kitchen but you don’t want to take out a second mortgage to satisfy your need for freshness? There are quite a few budget-friendly things that you can do that will make a huge impact on the overall appearance of your kitchen. Not to mention, these are easy do-it-yourself projects you can complete on a lazy afternoon.
- Change Fixtures – Replacing your old, ordinary faucet with a contemporary one is a small change that makes a big difference. Opt for one that offers a low-flow option which will cut down on your water bill.
- Add a Backsplash – You can provide color, depth and even a pattern or theme to your kitchen by adding a backsplash to one wall. Be creative, experiment with more than one tile and choose colors that will bring your kitchen to life.
- Modernize Your Lighting – What do the light fixtures in your kitchen look like? Adding recessed lighting or hanging a chandelier or even pendant or waterfall fixtures can really make a strong statement.
- Replace Your Countertop – A stunning countertop can quickly become a focal point in any kitchen and replacing yours is not nearly as costly as you may imagine. Ceramic tiles are easy to install or you can look for materials such as stone or granite, keeping in mind that stone is much less expensive than granite.
- Paint a Wall – Sometimes just bringing a new color to one wall is all that you need to satisfy your redecorating urge.
Kitchens are the foundation of any home, yours should be one that you truly love to be in. Don’t be afraid to experiment and try new things, nothing is every permanent if you find you don’t love it later!